|Other Offices||New York|
|AUM as of||January 1, 2008|
OverviewBrevan Howard Asset Management LLP is a hedge fund based in London with offices in New York. It was founded in 2002 by Alan Howard. They hold $21.0 billion in assets under management as of January 1, 2008. $12 billion under management as of 1/1/2007
11th largest hedge fund in Institutional Investor's 2008 Hedge Fund 100, up from 22nd in 2007http://www.iimagazine.com/Rankings/rankingsHeFu100RGlobal08.aspx?LS=EMS204396
Sub Funds and Performance
|Name||AUM (bn)||Strategies||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||Prime Brokers|
|Brevan Howard Asia Fund||2.500||Emerging Market||8.86||4.41||11.55||3.55||5.19|
Historical PerformanceMaster Fund returned 11.1% in 2006http://media.ft.com/cms/02fd5a42-f338-11db-9845-000b5df10621.pdf
Up 17.1% from January - February 2008http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN0732000620080307?sp=true
- 04/05/2017 Investors bet on comeback: UK's Alan Howard amasses $3 billion
- 10/05/2016 Alan Howard Caps Main Hedge Fund Assets at $15 Billion, FT Says
- 09/27/2016 Hedge Funds Take Another Punch to Gut Brevan Howard to charge 0% fees for some investors
- 11/16/2009 Brevan Howard Founder Leaves Firm The B in Brevan Howard (Jean-Philippe Blochet) will not return from his sabbatical.
- 08/18/2008 Brevan Howard Now Biggest Hedge Fund Manager In Europe Assets have risen 73% in the last year.
- 10/05/2007 Swiss Re bought a 15% interest in Brevan Howard