|Other Offices||New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong|
|Strategies||Credit, Multi Strategy, Relative Value|
OverviewCitadel Investment Group Llc is a hedge fund based in Chicago with offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong. It was founded in 1990 by Kenneth Griffin. They hold $20.0 billion in assets under management. Account for 3% of stock exchange volume http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_02/b4066030071614.htm?dlbk
13th largest hedge fund in Institutional Investor's 2008 Hedge Fund 100, up from 18th in 2007http://www.iimagazine.com/Rankings/rankingsHeFu100RGlobal08.aspx?LS=EMS204396
Historical Performance2010 Returns
* Up 4% in July bringing YTD to 1%
* Up 2.6% in February http://www.nypost.com/seven/03042009/business/griffins_funds__phoenix_like__show_gains_157881.htm
* Up 4.7% in Januaryhttp://www.efinancialnews.com/usedition/index/content/1053209549
Down 35% in 2008 as of 10/24/2008http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/business/25hedge.html?partner=permalink&exprod=permalink
Earned 30% in 2007, and over 30% in 2006 http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-fri_citadel_0104jan04,0,4236942.story
Kensington Global Strategies Fund up 31.68% in 2007
Wellington Fund up 34.19% in 2007http://www.iimagazine.com/Rankings/rankingsHeFu100RGlobal08.aspx?src=http://www.iimagazinerankings.com/rankingsHeFu100RGlobal08/Rankings.asp~PageID--2
- 04/03/2017 Citadel Names New Commodities Head After Ken Griffin's Stint
- 03/10/2017 Citadel skirts hedge fund industry upheaval
- 09/13/2016 High Frequency Traders Elbow Their Way Into the Currency Markets
- 11/20/2009 A Hedge-Fund King Comes Under Siege after a horrible 2008, Griffin is trying to expand his funds and break into the investment banking space.
- 10/30/2009 Citadel Ends Redemption Bar
- 08/24/2009 Citadel’s big Lehman loss They submitted a claim for $470 million, the third largest to date.
- 03/06/2009 Citadel marketing new fund with lower fees: report
- 03/04/2009 GRIFFIN'S FUNDS, PHOENIX-LIKE, SHOW GAINS up nearly 8% so far this year.
- 02/19/2009 Citadel Investment’s Misha Malyshev Said to Leave he was one of the traders in the high-frequency trading group that was actually up 40% last year.
- 02/03/2009 Citadel posts first gain in seven months up 4.7% in January
- 10/24/2008 Citadel Chief Denies Rumors of Trouble Ken Griffin, who usually doesn't comment on rumors, went out of his way to argue that Citadel would make it through the crisis.
- 10/22/2008 Citadel Hit Hard as Hedge Fund Withdrawals Continue as it has it's worst year in history, down between 26-30% YTD.
- 10/21/2008 Citadel creates a Capital Markets position for Rohit D'Souza formerly head of equities and alterntative investments at Merrill Lynch
- 08/25/2008 Citadel Investment Seeks $1 Billion for Global Macro Hedge Fund which will be run out of London by Kaveh Alamouti (formerly of Moore Capital Management LLC)
- 04/17/2008 Citadel Drives International Growth with Another Key Hire Nick Taylor, formerly head of Credit Suisse's hedge fund Modal Capital Partners, will join as Senior Managing Director and Head of Principal Investments for Asia and Europe.
- 02/04/2008 Citadel Splits Off Options Unit From Hedge Funds
- 01/18/2008 Griffin's Citadel Discloses 7% Stake in Trinity Industries (TRN)
- 01/18/2008 Citadel Reports Stake in Titan Int'l
- 01/04/2008 Citadel gains in '07 put at 30%
- 01/03/2008 Businessweek thinks Citadel may go public
- 11/30/2007 Citadel in $2.55bn E-Trade injection gives them control of about 20%